Thursday, September 9, 2010

Counting my Blessings !

We are so lucky to live where we do. Hublersburg is a very tiny town. There are about 40 homes, a Firehouse, a Hotel , an Elementary School and a Church. Two of my grandkids go to the School. It is the same School I went to and our two girls went to. Our farm is the only working farm in the town. There are a couple of other farms but they no longer have animals. The other night I sat outside under our very old tree . We had finished supper. I got myself a cup of coffee and just sat and relaxed. It is so quiet and peaceful back here. No one else around. I can look up in the sky and see all the stars . There is nothing like it , to sit and feel such peace and contentment. When I see on the news about people who live in the city and live with violence every day , I count my Blessings ! I sometimes think how did we get so lucky to be put on this beautiful farm to live every day . I take a walk about every day . I go out our lane and cross a state road . Then go back our neighbors road. On my way back home I can look across the field and see all the mountains behind our farm. It is breathtaking ! Fall is my favorite season. Soon the trees will be in vibrant colors of gold, red , rust and orange. It will look even more beautiful. This past year ( 2009 ) was such a stress filled time. With milk prices so depressingly low , it was all we could do to hang on to our farm. But I know we are lucky in many ways . Like having our farm to work, live and enjoy ! Yes, I do count my Blessings !

No comments:

Post a Comment